🕒 2 mins
The 8th World Forum on the Internet of Things is scheduled from 26 October to 11 November 2022 in Yokohama, Japan.
The Theme for the World Forum is “Sustainability and the Internet of Things”. You will find that the discussion and dialog at the conference will emphasize presentations and panels addressing the four pillars of sustainability: human, social, economic, and environmental. The World Forum will specifically focus on how technical IoT applications and solutions contribute to the seventeen Sustainability Development Goals that were developed in the UN Brundtland Report.
The conference will be held as a hybrid conference consisting of both Virtual Live Online and Face-Face sessions where the Face-Face sessions will take place between October 31 and November 4 at PACIFICO Yokohama North.
ASSIST-IoT will be there and call for papers for its Special Session entitled “Future Platforms for Edge-Cloud Continuum–Theoretical Foundations and Practical Considerations”. Call for papers is open. Deadline 13 June 2022. Contributions addressing theoretical and practical aspects of the following topics are invited (this list is, obviously, not exhaustive):
- IoT architectures for domain agnostic user-aware, self-aware, (semi-)autonomous edge-cloud continuum platforms, including proposals for novel decentralized topologies, ad-hoc resource federation, time-triggered behaviors
- Foundations for next generation of higher-level (meta) operating systems facilitating efficient use of computing capacity across edge-cloud continuum
- Resource aware AI, including frugal AI, bringing intelligence to the edge-cloud continuum platforms (and ecosystems)
- Cognitive frameworks leveraging AI-techniques to improve optimization of infrastructure usage and services and resources orchestration
- Efficient streaming Big Data processing within large-scale IoT ecosystems
- Interoperability solutions for multi-user edge-cloud continuum platforms, capable of coping with systematically increasing complexity of connecting vast numbers of heterogeneous devices
- Federated data spaces approach for improved data governance, sovereignty and sharing
- Privacy, security, trust and data governance in competitive scenarios
- CO2 footprint reduction and efficient use of green energy in edge-cloud continuum ecosystems
- Practical aspects of resource orchestration within highly heterogeneous, large-scale edge-cloud continuum ecosystems
- Intent-based networking and its application to IoT
- Swarm intelligence for IoT-edge-cloud continuum
In case you might be interested you may find more information in the ASSIST-IoT webpage here.